“InTech“ COMPETITION FOR DESIGN OF TRANSPORT PACKAGING
Comeandcheck.it and InTech Ltd. are releasing an international competition for designing transport-packaging.
1. InTech International Competition for Transport-Packaging Design
InTech is a multidisciplinary Open Access publisher of books and journals covering the fields of Science, Technology and Medicine. InTech has published more than 850 books since 2004, with the aim of providing FREE online access to high-quality research, and is helping leading academics make their work visible and accessible to diverse new audiences around the world.
The goal of the project is to create and realize conceptual, esthetical, functional and technically sufficient or innovative packaging for transport of a hardcover book.
2. Right to Participation
The competition is open to all full-aged designers, artists and architects (both professionals and students).
The competition is anonymous.
Each competitor, author or team has the right to participate with only one solution.
3. Cash Rewards
The Award Fund amounts to 2.550,00 euros
(1x 1.350,00 eur + 1x 730,00 eur + 1x 470,00 eur )
First Prize per the panel of judges – 1.350,00 eur
Second Prize per the panel of judges – 730,00 eur
Third Prize per the panel of judges – 470,00 eur
4. Panel of Judges
Saša Randić, M. Arch., editor-in-chief of the comeandcheck.it portal – as the head competition manager
Aleksandar Lazinica– for the organizer (InTech Ltd.)
Vedran Gulin, designer – representative of designers (HDD)
Filip Gordon Frank – product designer
5. Competition Criteria:
The goal of the project is to create and realize conceptual, esthetical, functional and technically sufficient or innovative packaging for transporting a hardcover book.
The fixed dimensions of the book are width 175 mm and height 246 mm, while the bulk varies from 10-80 mm.
The dimensions of the packaging are not defined.
Every solution must:
– protect the book from damage during transport
– weigh less than 200 g
The panel of judges will evaluate the works according to the following criteria:
– communicating InTech’s operations and activities
– emphasizing an ecological approach
– low-cost and technologically simple packaging for serial production
– motivating users for interaction to reshape the box for its reuse for new purposes and intents
The material isn’t set, but InTech proposes cardboard because of its characteristics which are convenient for transport packaging.
Note: every box is additionally packaged in the delivery service’s opaque nylon packaging.
6. Content of Competition Work:
All applications MUST contain:
– A developed packaging cape with a ratio of 1:5 or 1:10
– Schematic overview of how the packaging (un)folds
– Minimally 3 overviews of packaging in 3D (in all possible variables)
– Textual elaboration of the concept including a description of planned materials
– Technical details
– Cost estimate of the competition work
A model with a 1:1 ratio
A CD with all printed materials.
The proposed work has to be created so as to serve as a basis for possible realization.
Beginning of competition: December 12th, 2011
Deadline for competition registration: December 31st, 2011
*application form will be available here as from December 19th
Deadline for contestants’ questions: January 10th, 2012 (Answers until Jan 14th)
Deadline for submission of competition works: January 23th, 2012 (all sent works must have a postmark with this date and the postmark has to be scanned and uploaded with the application)
The last date of receipt of sent international works: February 7th, 2012
Announcement of results: February 13th,2012
8. Terms and Conditions
By submitting a work the author consents to the competition terms and conditions:
– Every work has to be an original design. Unauthorized or clip art displays during the application process are not allowed (one is obligated to confirm the originality of one’s design)
– The works are not allowed to the impair rights of thirds persons
– All authors by participating in the competition agree to presenting their works and their names on the pages of Pogledaj.to portal/Comeandcheck.it and possible promotion through exhibitions and publications
– Copyrights of non-prize-winning works belong to the authors
– Copyrights of awarded works belong to InTech Ltd.
– Awarded authors have the right to promote their works just for promotional purposes
– The author is obligated to keep their works undisclosed until the competition results are published
9. Intellectual Property
– Copyrights of non-prize-winning works belong to the authors.
– Copyrights of awarded works belong to InTech Ltd.
– By participating in the competition, all participants authorize comeandcheck.it and InTech to publish and exhibit all the designs (including project data submitted) at exhibitions and events and/or to use them in any publications communications or promotions that comeandcheck.it and InTech may deem suitable and/or necessary.
In all cases, each time the creation is used, they must refer to the competition they originate from.
All competition-based questions can be submitted to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org